I get a lot of emails from CIBs that ask how they can network to secure a management consulting interview. I've assembled a list of articles I've posted regarding this topic, with useful suggestions from other candidates and my thoughts, to help you succeed in securing an interview.
- The following article includes my advice to a CIB who claims to have no connections to start the networking process:
Networking Tips for Securing an Interview
- This one includes my suggestions for an undergrad student worried about a potential negative impression from networking:
More on Networking to Get a Consulting Interview
- This is a field report from a reader who succeeded in securing a McKinsey interview using an unusual method, with my comments:
How to Get a McKinsey Interview Through Networking
- The following field report underscores the importance of networking (see my comments):
Networking to Get McKinsey, Bain & BCG Offers
Additional Suggestions/ Resources to Help with the Networking Process:
- Consider my guide on How to Network to Get a Consulting Interview, for a specific process you can start using right away towards securing an interview:
How to Network to Get a Consulting Interview
- Fine tune your resume/CV. For help with this, see my video at:
- Review the book Your Network is Your Network, by Porter Gale, former VP of Marketing for Virgin America.
- Watch my interview with Porter Gale, author of the above listed book: Your Network is Your Net Worth [Video Interview]
- Watch this video tutorial on networking from a world-class networker: How to be a Master Networker [Video]