After sifting through the many questions people had about how to succeed as a new consultant, I've narrowed down the list of topics to the following:
- How to Strategically Choose Which Projects to Work On
- How to Establish a "Trusted Advisor" Relationship with a Client
- How to Differentiate Yourself from Other Very Smart & Hard Working Colleagues
- Which Books to Read Before Your Start Date, So You Can Hit the Ground Running
- How to Communicate with and "Manage Up" to Partners & Project Managers
- How to Manage Your Time to Do the Things That Differentiate You, While Still Getting Your Work Done
- The Best Way to Networking Inside Your Firm and Build Your Personal Brand
- The 7 Most Common Mistakes New Consultants Make
- How to Communicate Your Point of View, When You're the "New Guy/Gal"
Please feel free to comment below on what you think of this agenda and if you want to suggest any changes.