Grand Prize (1): A trip for winner to Seattle, WA for either an all day 1:1 intensive case interview prep day with Victor Cheng or a 1:1 intensive career or business consulting day with Victor Cheng. Trip includes round trip coach class airfare for winner from the major airport nearest winner’s residence (as determined by Sponsor) to Seattle, WA (up to a maximum cost of $2,500), ground transportation to/from Seattle, WA airport and hotel and to/from the hotel, accommodations for 3 days / 2 nights. ARV: $4,000.
First Prizes (15): Choice of one (1) of any of these caseinterview.com online programs: 1. Look Over My Shoulder Program (ARV: $297), 2. How to Succeed in Management Consulting (ARV: $298), or 3. One (1) session case interview coaching (ARV: $247) awarded in the form of an promo code to be used when placing order online.
Case Interview Secrets Photo Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE OR PAYMENT DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Case Interview Secrets Photo Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to individuals who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry and who do NOT reside in Cuba, Iran, North Korea, the Province of Quebec, Sudan, or Syria. Contest is void in Cuba, Iran, North Korea, The Province of Quebec, Sudan, Syria and where prohibited. Fast Forward Media (“Sponsor”) and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, retailers, sales representatives, dealers, distributors, licensees and the advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the development and administration of this Contest and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, “Contest Parties”), and their immediate family members (parent, child, sibling and spouse of each) and those living in the same households of each are not eligible. Void elsewhere and where prohibited by law.
2. Promotion Period: The Contest begins at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT") on December 1, 2012 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on January 31, 2013 (the "Promotion Period")
3. How to Enter the Contest: During the Promotion Period, go to www.caseinterview.com/photo-contest (the “Website”). Follow the on-screen directions to enter the Contest, attach your photo ("Photo "), provide all required information in an email and send to [email protected] to enter (“Contest Entry”). Contest Entries must follow the submission requirements set forth below. All Contest Entries are subject to a review by Sponsor prior to posting online. THERE IS NO LIMIT TO CONTEST ENTRY SUBMISSIONS PER PERSON FOR THE DURATION OF THE PROMOTION PERIOD, BUT EACH SUBMISSION MUST BE SUBSTANTIALLY DIFFERENT, AND IF SUBSTANTIALLY SIMILAR, ONLY THE FIRST SUCH CONTEST ENTRY RECEIVED WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR ENTRY.
4. Conditions of Submission:
The Photo submitted must be created by the Entrant.
The Photo must feature all of the following: a) a visible and discernible copy of the book “Case Interview Secrets” by Victor Cheng or the image of the book which may be obtained from the Website for free, b) the Entrant and c) an interesting or recognizable landmark.
All Photos must be in .jpg or .gif format, up to 5MB.
Additional Conditions of Submission:
Any Contest Entry which Sponsor, in its sole opinion, deems to be inappropriate for publication will not be considered, or displayed and the corresponding entrant will be disqualified. Contest Entry cannot: (i) be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity; (ii) promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; (iii) be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (iv) defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies; (v) contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses; (vi) contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media); (vii) contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead; (viii) communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and (ix) depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law. By submitting a Contest Entry each entrant represents and warrants that: (i) his/her Entry is the sole and original creation of the Photo and has not been copied in whole or in part from any other work; (ii) the Contest Entry does not violate or infringe any copyright, trademark/tradename, or other proprietary right of any person (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity; (iii) the Contest Entry is the sole and exclusive property of the Entrant; (iv) the participants depicted in the Entry have given written consent to its submission into the Promotion and use as contemplated by these Official Rules; (v) the Contest Entry has not been previously published; (vi) entrant owns or otherwise has rights to use all elements of the Contest Entry; (viii) that Entrant is the parent or legal guardian of all persons appearing in the Photo (other than Entrant, if applicable); (ix) Contest Entry has not won previous awards; and (x) publication of the Contest Entry via various media including Web posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third party. Any such entrant will indemnify and hold harmless, Sponsor and Promotion Parties from any claims to the contrary.
BY SUBMITTING A CONTEST ENTRY, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER CONTEST ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR’S WEBSITES, IN SPONSOR’S DISCRETION. Posting of a Contest Entry is not an indication that the entry has won a prize or is otherwise eligible for a prize. Your Contest Entry will be the property of Sponsor, and may be displayed, used or altered by Sponsor (or anyone Sponsor authorizes) for any purpose without any kind of payment to you. It also means that Sponsor or any of their affiliates may produce, market, sell or otherwise distribute products based on (in whole or in part) your Submission. This means you irrevocably and forever grant and assign to Sponsor all worldwide right, title, and interest in and to your Contest Entry (and all works derived from them) as well as all intellectual property you create by participating in the Contest. This also means you waive all rights of attribution and integrity if your Contest Entry is used by Sponsor or anyone Sponsor authorizes.
Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants. Sponsor reserves the right to waive the Contest entry requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion. Sponsor also reserves the right, in their reasonable discretion, during or upon completion of the Contest Entry Period, to request that any entrant resubmit his or her Contest Entry prior to any judging period. By submitting a Contest Entry, you agree that your submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place Sponsor under any obligation, that Sponsor is free to disclose or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Contest Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you. Sponsor reserves the right to, and may or may not monitor/screen Contest Entries prior to posting them to the Website.
5. Judging: All eligible Contest Entries received during the Contest Period will be judged on the basis of originality (30%), uniqueness of locale (45%), and quality of photo (25%). In the event of a tie, the tied Entries will be re-judged on the basis of uniqueness of locale. If there is a subsequent tie, tie breaker will be based upon the highest score in originality. Winners will be determined approximately by February 28, 2013.
6. Contest Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”): One Grand Prize: A trip for winner to Seattle, WA for either an all day 1:1 intensive case interview prep day with Victor Cheng or a 1:1 intensive career or business consulting day with Victor Cheng. Trip includes round trip airfare for winner from the major airport nearest winner’s residence to Seattle, WA (up to a maximum cost of $2,500) from a major airport near winner's residence (as determined by Sponsor), ground transportation to/from Seattle, WA airport and hotel and to/from the hotel, accommodations for 3 days / 2 nights. ARV: $4,000. Fifteen (15) First Prizes: Choice of one (1) of any of these caseinterview.com online programs: 1. Look Over My Shoulder Program (ARV: $297), 2. How to Succeed in Management Consulting (ARV: $298), or 3. One (1) session case interview coaching (ARV: $247) awarded in the form of a promo code to be used when redeeming the prize by ordering online. Actual value of trip prize will depend on airfare fluctuations and point of departure. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. Winner must complete the trip within one (1) year from the date prize is awarded. Trip must be booked at least twenty-one (21) days prior to departure. Trip is subject to availability and blackout dates. Travel must be roundtrip. All travel arrangements/accommodations at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If, in the sole judgment of the Sponsor, air travel is not required due to winner’s proximity to prize location, ground transportation may be substituted for roundtrip air travel. All travel expenses not specifically listed are winner’s responsibility.
Prize must be accepted as awarded with no substitution. Prize is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash or credit, in whole or in part, for any destination. Any expenses not specified are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prizes is permitted except at Sponsors’ sole discretion. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state and local taxes, and all other costs associated with acceptance or use of the prizes, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Arrangements for delivery of prizes will be performed after winner validation. LIMIT ONE (1) PRIZE PER PERSON/EMAIL ADDRESS/ HOUSEHOLD. The total approximate value of Contest Prize is $8,470.00. At Sponsor’s discretion, unclaimed prizes may not be awarded.
7. Conditions: Sponsor’s decisions are final in all matters relating to this Contest. Potential winners will be notified by telephone, email, regular mail or overnight mail, and potential winners (or potential winners' parent or legal guardian if potential winner is a minor) may be required to complete, sign and return any required affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, and where lawful, a publicity release within a stated amount of time. If affidavits/releases are not received by the date stated on the notification, or if any notification is returned as non-deliverable, or if a potential winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, or does not return such other releases as deemed necessary by Sponsor, the potential winner will be disqualified and at Sponsor' discretion, an alternative potential winner may be selected. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants. Promotion Parties assume no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible, inaccurate, damaged or incomplete entries or other communications, non-delivered or postage due mail, failure or unavailability of electronic equipment, communications or internet connections, or other errors, failures or malfunctions of any kind. Entries by automatic, programmed or like methods will be disqualified. Improper, incomplete, mutilated and illegible entries will be disqualified. Prizes will be awarded only to individuals who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry and who do NOT reside in Cuba, Iran, North Korea, the Province of Quebec, Sudan, or Syria. This Contest is subject to all federal and state laws. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. If, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right to modify or terminate the Contest in a manner deemed reasonable by the Sponsor, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event of cancellation of the Contest, Sponsor will randomly award the prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect Contest Entries received prior to cancellation. Sponsor reserve the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or the Website or acts in a disruptive manner. This Contest is offered only in the United States and by entering, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, is governed by the laws of the state of Washington, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Kitsap County,Washington.
As a condition of entering, entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to release Promotion Parties their affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, sales representatives, distributors, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, or the use of any photo or Contest Entry (b) under no circumstances will an entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and the entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs.
8. Release: Except where prohibited, by accepting prize, winner grants permission for Sponsor and their agents to use his/her name, photo/photograph, voice and/or likeness, for advertising and/or publicity purposes in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without additional compensation.
9. Winners’ List: To receive a copy of the Winners’ List for this Contest (available after 3/1/13) send an email (no later than 3/15/13) to [email protected] with the subject line: "Winners List Request, Case Interview Secrets Photo Contest."
10. Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by Fast Forward Media, Seattle, WA 98104.