I wanted to share with you this information on another resource I think might be helpful to you as you prepare for management consulting interviews.
The consulting resume and cover letter are THE most important part of the recruiting process for aspiring management consultant’s for the simple reason that it is the first step in the process. If your resume is not good enough, the rest of the process is irrelevant.
In addition, most candidates severely underestimate the importance of a well-written consulting cover letter. Because the cover letter is read before the resume (and before the case interview), it is chronologically the most important step in the application process because it is the first step.
If your cover letter is extremely week, your resume will be discarded UNREAD. If your cover letter is mediocre, at best your resume will be skimmed for a few brief seconds as the reader is moving the letter to the reject pile.
Based on my experience as a former McKinsey resume evaluator, I’ve created a Toolkit that reveals the “behind closed doors” process that consulting firms use to evaluate your resume. You’ll discover how resumes are graded, what factors go into each resume’s score, and how to use this insight into crafting as strong a resume as possible.
In my Deluxe Resume and Cover Letter Toolkit, I also help you write an effective cover letter. This toolkit explains in detail what recruiters are looking for and why.
Deluxe Resume and Cover Letter Toolkit
Deluxe Resume and Cover Letter Toolkit Contents
Details on Resume Toolkit:
This toolkit includes:
- Overview Video – My tutorial with revealing insights about the recruiting process;
- Actual Resumes – 50 actual resumes (with resume scores) from your competitors, including 15 successful resumes that got interviews at the top firms; and “before” vs. “after” versions of resumes that needed improvements with my edits;
- Scoring and Rewrite Videos – Watch me score all 50 resumes and explain what I’m thinking; and watch me rewrite five resumes and explain why I’m doing what I’m doing;
- Scoring Criteria – 15 different resume scoring criteria grids (5 experience levels X 3 firm calibers);
- Resume Template – My consulting resume template that “forces” you to emphasize the correct things so you can use a proven approach to create your own successful resume.
Details on Consulting Cover Letter Toolkit:
This toolkit includes:
- Overview Video – My tips on the objective of a good cover letter, insights into who is reading your letter, their mindset and what they are looking for so you can effectively write your cover letter to that audience;
- Actual Cover Letters – Real candidate cover letters, including 20 successful cover letters proven to work; cover letters in the top 20% with my annotations; and “before” vs. “after” versions of cover letters that needed improvement with my edits;
- Commentary Videos — my commentary on each of the three groups of cover letters, what I noticed, why I noticed it, why I made the changes I did, so you can learn from these improvements;
- Editable Cover Letter Template with an Explanation Guide so you can use a proven approach to create your own successful cover letter.
The investment for the Deluxe Toolkit, with both the Resume and Cover Letter Toolkits, is $145.50 (25% off of both).
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
If you’ve been following my work for any length of time, you know that I have extremely high standards for everything I do. Although I am definitely biased, this resume toolkit is exceptional. It took me 6 months to put it together and to the best of my knowledge, nothing else like it is available anywhere else.
But, please do not take my word for it. Try it out and decide for yourself. If it doesn’t meet your expectations, just return it and we’ll be happy to issue you a full refund. You can use the “Contact Us” link in the upper right corner of this website or email support (at) caseinterview (dot) com at anytime to reach customer service.
- The program is delivered digitally. You will get download instructions within 15 minutes of purchase.
- We use industry-standard Mp4 and Adobe Acrobat pdf files that can be used across all major computing platforms.